Thursday, October 9, 2008

OK the real goods

I kind of did want to wait until tomorrow to write this because now I actually am getting tired, but on the other hand I really am excited about this. For the longest time now, since i've had my new-ish phone, i have consistently taken pictures with my cellphone, that a. always made me wish i actually had a real camera and b. always made me wish that the pictures could be seen anywhere but the phone. now like, i knew people did this whole 'mobile uploads' on their facebook, but for some reason that whole bluewhaletooth thing wasn't working for me.

But THEN! I realised that you can e-mail pictures from your home to your computer. And then, all the sudden you have full size, relatively clear pictures from your cell phone on your computer. And the reason that this is so exciting for me is that i LOVE my cell phone pictures. I think over the past months that i've taken shots with this phone (since about march 2008) I have taken some really interesting, really candid photographs, which, while definitely carrying the distinct feel of a picture taken from a cell phone, have also what I feel is a truly multi-dimensional character. I posted some of them already on facebook, and from what I can tell, they seem to be very well received. Really though, not that I needed the validation on this one. I really like my cell phone pictures. So what I've decided I'm going to do with what will hopefully be a successful, longasting, second-incarnation of my first blog is my "CELLPHONE PIX BLOG"- constructed with pictures just from my cellphone and with my commentary where I see fit. My plan for the blog will be for me in the next day or two go through all my pictures on my cellphone and, pretty slowly, get all my pictures to my computer and then I would (if I can, i'm not sure what blogger will let me do) expose a rather large sample from the inception- those which have for so long been saved or forgotten and are now about to reenter the world. So this is something to look forward to in the next few days. Naturally, once I have exposed my entire oeuvre up to this point, it will once again be on me to formulate new material for the blog, adding new pictures with a generally high frequency. And to be honest, l've felt a genuine burst of confidence about this one, and this feels like it could really be what i've been looking for, for the longest time.
So wait for soon when my first REAL post of cameraphone pix blog goes public you can check out what the hype's about..

Here goes nuttin.

P.S. The more I think about it, the more I realize how perfect cell phone photography is for me as a medium of art. It's perfectly compatible with my complete lack of the following: organization, patience, ability not to misplace things, ability to plan ahead, and willingness to carry things if i can avoid it. And of course, conversely, it caters wonderfully to my impulsive, reflexive, tendencies

1 comment:

david e. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.